Downloadable link here.
Article 1 – Definitions
In these General Terms and Conditions, the following definitions with their corresponding meanings will be used:
1. Participant: any natural person acting for purposes outside his business or professional activities (consumer) who registers for an Event organised by Ride Along Events;
2. The Parties: Ride Along Events and the Participant jointly;
3. Contract: the distance contract between a Participant and Ride Along Events concerning an Event;
4. Event: an activity organised by Ride Along Events;
5. Vehicle: a motor vehicle within the meaning of the Dutch Road Traffic Act 1994 (WVW 1994), which takes part in the event and is driven by a Participant;
6. Visual material: photos, videos and other visual materials;
7. Website: the website linked to the domain name https://www.ride-along.nl;
8. General Terms and Conditions: these General Terms and Conditions of Ride Along Events.
9. These General Terms and Conditions are protected by copyright. As such, no provision may be copied without explicit prior permission from Ride Along Events.
Article 2 – Applicability
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to all legal relationships between Ride Along Events and Participants. Legal relationships between the parties may not be subject to any other general terms and conditions. Third parties may not derive any rights from these General Terms and Conditions.
2. These Terms and Conditions are available in Dutch and English. In the event of translation errors or conflicts between the two versions, the original version in Dutch will prevail.
3. These Terms and Conditions also apply to contracts for the performance of which third parties are engaged.
4. By registering for an event organised by Ride Along Events, the Participants declare that they have taken note of these General Terms and Conditions and that they accept these.
5. Prior to concluding the Contract, Ride Along Events will make these General Terms and Conditions available electronically, in such a way that Participants can easily save these to a durable data carrier. If they cannot reasonably be made available, Ride Along Events will indicate in what way the Participant may access these General Terms and Conditions. The Participant may then request that Ride Along Events send these General Terms and Conditions to the Participant electronically or in another way.
6. Ride Along Events is entitled to amend these General Terms and Conditions. The amended Terms and Conditions will be in force once they are published on the website. The amended General Terms and Conditions will apply immediately from the moment of publication. Ride Along Events will notify the Participants of the amendment.
7. In cases not provided for by these General Terms and Conditions, the judgement of Ride Along Events will be decisive.
8. In the event of any contrariety between provisions of these General Terms and Conditions and mandatory law, the provision of these General Terms and Conditions concerned will be replaced by a legally permissible provision that corresponds as much as possible with the provision concerned.
Article 3 – Registering for Events
1. Ride Along Events publishes Events via its website and/or social media. The Event contains an accurate description of the offer, including the registration fee. The prices stated with the Events are exclusive of VAT, unless expressly stated otherwise. All offers made by Ride Along Events are without obligation. Ride Along Events is not obliged to adhere to the offer if it contains an obvious mistake or error in writing.
2. Participants can accept an offer from Ride Along Events by registering for an Event.
3. Registration is effected by providing the requested information correctly and completely. Ride Along Events will only process personal details if this is necessary for the performance of the Contract between the Parties, in accordance with the law. The Participant grants Ride Along Events permission to share personal information with third parties, if this is necessary for the performance of the Contract.
4. Participants in Events of Ride Along Events have reached the minimum age of 18.
5. Ride Along Events will check the registration and confirm it to the Participant by email. Ride Along Events is not obliged to investigate the correctness and completeness of the information provided.
6. Ride Along Events is entitled to reject the registration without stating reasons. The Participant will be notified of the rejection within five working days, unless indicated otherwise.
7. The Contract is concluded when the confirmation of registration is sent to the Participant.
Article 4 – Right of withdrawal & cancellations
1. The Participant is entitled to terminate the Contract within the statutory cooling-off period without giving reasons. The withdrawal period starts when the confirmation of registration is sent.
2. If a specific date has already been set for the Event in the Contract, the Participant may not terminate the Contract under the right of withdrawal.
3. In the event of timely withdrawal, Ride Along Events is obliged to refund any payments to the Participant.
4. The Participant may cancel the Contract up to two months before the scheduled date of the Event, while retaining the right to a refund of the paid amount. Ride Along Events must be notified of the cancellation in writing.
5. Any Participant who cancels his Contract within two months before the scheduled date of the Event is obliged to pay the total amount due for the registration.
Article 5 – Payments
1. Ride Along Events will send the Participant an invoice electronically, together with the confirmation. The Participant will pay the amount due within the period stated on the invoice by means of a transfer to the account number stated on the invoice.
2. Payment of the invoice entitles the Participant to participation.
3. In the description of the Event, Ride Along Events will provide as much clarity as possible about the likely costs. The amount due only covers participation in an Event, including that which Ride Along Events has offered in the programme. Expenses for petrol, ferries, tolls, vignettes, food, drinks, fines, personal loss or any other costs whatsoever will be paid exclusively by the Participant.
4. The Participant is not entitled to reimbursement of the amount due, unless he legally invokes his right of withdrawal or cancels the Contract in time.
5. If payment is not made within the period stated on the invoice, Ride Along Events will notify the Participant of this. The Participant must settle the outstanding amount within 14 days of the payment reminder. All costs, both judicial and extra-judicial, incurred by Ride Along Events to collect the amount due will be borne by the Participant.
Article 6 – Organisation
1. Ride Along Events will make every effort to execute the Event in accordance with the requirements of professionalism. Ride Along Events may obtain assistance from third parties to perform the Contract.
2. Ride Along Events reserves the right to make changes to the Event programme.
3. Ride Along Events will endeavour to book the safest locations possible to garage the Participants’ cars. Video surveillance and secure locations will be sought.
Article 7 – Code of conduct & Participants’ obligations
1. The Participant undertakes to follow the directions and/or instructions of Ride Along Events and any third parties involved in the organisation of the Event.
2. At the time of the Event, the Participant must be qualified to drive and in possession of all mandatory documents, including a valid driving licence and vehicle registration.
3. While driving a vehicle, the Participant will observe the local traffic regulations at all times.
4. During the Event, the Participant will take care of his own safety and that of the other participants. If the Participant’s ability to drive is declining, he will not drive any vehicles during the Event.
5. The Participant is not allowed to take, carry or use any drugs/hard drugs, alcoholic beverages, fireworks, weapons/firearms or other dangerous objects during the Event.
6. The Participant undertakes to insure the vehicle and himself adequately. This includes, in any case: third party liability insurance, health insurance, insurance pertaining to personal injury and/or death and insurance pertaining to damage to personal property.
7. If Ride Along Events discovers a breach of the Code of Conduct, it may suspend the Participant in question from further participation in the Event. The suspended Participant is not entitled to a refund.
Article 8 – Sponsorship & media
1. Ride Along Events may use sponsorship for its Events. For the purpose of sponsorship, a separate sponsorship agreement can be concluded.
2. Advertising other events or businesses is not permitted, unless Ride Along Events has explicitly granted permission for this prior to the Event. If the Participant fails to comply with this, Ride Along Events may ask him to remove the advertising.
3. Ride Along Events produces visual material of Events for publication on its website and/or social media. The Participant agrees to the production of this visual material and its dissemination on social media. The Participant may withdraw his consent at any time. Ride Along Events will then remove the visual material concerned.
Article 9 – Liability
1. Ride Along Events is not liable for any damage, unless it is explicitly evident from this article. The limitation of liability does not apply if the damage or loss is due to intent or gross negligence of Ride Along Events and/or its subordinate(s).
2. Breaches of Contract may not be attributed to Ride Along Events in the event of force majeure, that is to say, if the breach is not its fault or if Ride Along Events is not accountable for it by law, legal act or according to generally accepted standards.
3. Participants take part in the Event entirely at their own risk. Damage caused to Participants’ vehicles, loss due to theft and/or traffic fines may not be recovered from Ride Along Events.
4. The liability of Ride Along Events is limited at all times to the amount which is paid out under the liability insurance of Ride Along Events. If a partial or no insurance payment is made, the liability of Ride Along Events will be limited to the amount invoiced to the Participant.
Article 10 – Concluding provisions
1. [The foundation] Ride Along Events has its registered office at Reewoude 40 in (6075 NK) Herkenbosch [NL] and is registered with the [Dutch] Chamber of Commerce under number: 73471976.
2. All legal relationships between the Participant and Ride Along Events are subject to Dutch law.
3. Any disputes between the Participant and Ride Along Events will be settled by the competent Dutch court in the District of Limburg in Maastricht.